April activities on tap at HeinzelmännchenWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
April is the first-ever “North Carolina Beer Month” and Heinzelmännchen Brewery in Sylva taps into the fun with four initiatives for beer lovers.
Specializing in alternative beer made in the warmer regions of Germany, the brewery will offer the following events:
• A beer dinner will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, April 11, at City Lights Café in Sylva. Enjoy a six-course meal paired with Heinzelmännchen beers. The meal cost is $50 per person. www.citylightscafe.com.
• Book an April getaway with SunDog Vacation Rentals or Sunset Farms Cabins and ask for the beer month package. For $95 extra, participants receive two engraved mugs, a brewery tour, Heinzelmännchen cookbook and a dinner for two at City Lights Café.
• Heinzelmännchen teamed up with four area breweries to create a special ale crafted in the red rye style. The ale is available in April at all five breweries: Heinzelmännchen, Bearwaters (Waynesville), Nantahala (Bryson City), Tipping Point (Waynesville) and Frog Level Brewing (Waynesville).
• There will be a “Tuesday Bike Ride & Beer Night” every Tuesday evening in April. Join a bike ride sponsored by Motion Makers Bicycle Shop in Sylva, then head to the brewery for pint night. One dollar from every pint sold goes to support a local off-road cycling association.