On the streetWritten by Admin
First Methodist holds sing-along, meal
An Open Door Meal & Sing will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 29, at the First United Methodist Church in Sylva.
The community is invited to enjoy a delicious meal, musical entertainment and fellowship. Bryson City Christian singing group Tribe Called Praise will perform during the event.
A short devotional will be offered before the meal. The event is held on the fifth Wednesday in those months that have one. Church members provide the food and beverages. All are welcome and invited to attend.
• The ceremonial Cherokee bonfires will run from 7 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday through Oct. 1. Guests sit by the fire near the Oconaluftee riverside enjoying a unique and entertaining experience. The events are free and open to the public. www.visitcherokeenc.com.
• The “Home Made Cooking Class” will be held June 22, 23 and 29 at Home Made/Hazel P’s in Franklin. For more information visit www.homemadecookingschool.com or call 828.371.8996.
• A magic show with Professor Whizzpop will be held at 3 p.m. Thursday, June 23, at the Marianna Black Library in Bryson City. There will also be a performance at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 28 at the Hudson Library in Highlands. For adults and teens. www.themagictomshow.com.
• A bingo night will run at 5:45 p.m. on Thursdays through Sept. 1 at the Maggie Valley Pavilion. Cash prizes and concessions by Moonshine Grill. Sponsored by the Maggie Valley Civic Association. 828.926.7630.
• A town wide garage sale will from held on June 25 at the Cruso Community Center. To set up a table, call 828.400.7323 or 828.235.9354.
• A wine tasting will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. June 25 and July 2 at Papou’s Wine Shop in Sylva. $5 per person. www.papouswineshop.com or 828.586.6300.
• A free wine tasting will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. June 25 and July 2 at Bosu’s Wine Shop in Waynesville. www.waynesvillewine.com or 828.452.0120.
• A wine tasting will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. June 29 and July 6 at The Classic Wineseller in Waynesville. Free with dinner ($15 minimum). 828.452.6000.
• Free cooking demonstrations will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. on Saturdays at Country Traditions in Dillsboro. Watch the demonstrations, eat samples and taste house wines for $3 a glass. All recipes posted online. www.countrytraditionsnc.com.
• There will be a “Karaoke Night” from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 30, at the Macon County Public Library in Franklin. The event is open to all. 828.524.3600 or www.fontanalib.org.
• A street dance will be held from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Friday, June 24, in front of the Historic Haywood County Courthouse in downtown Waynesville. Live music, clogging, and more. www.downtownwaynesville.com.
• The “Way Back When” trout dinner will continue at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 24, at the Cataloochee Ranch in Maggie Valley. Cost is $39.95 per person, plus tax and gratuity. The dinner will also be held July 15 and 29, Aug. 12 and 26, and Sept. 2 and 16. 828.926.1401 or 800.868.1401 or www.cataloocheeranch.com.