Land management series plannedWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Landowners will have the chance to get a better handle on managing their woodlands responsibly with a lineup of summer workshops between July 16 and Aug. 22, each focusing on a different aspect of land stewardship. Locations include Cradle of Forestry, the N.C. Arboretum and Bent Creek Experimental Forest.
Each workshop will entail one-and-a-half days of hands-on field activities and classroom instruction from natural resources and land management specialists:
• Discovering Your Land: Basic Land Management Skills, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 16 at Cradle of Forestry and 9 a.m. to noon July 17 at Bent Creek Experimental Forest
• Woodscaping Your Woodlands and Firewise Management, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. July 17 and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 18 at Bent Creek Experimental Forest
• Native Landscaping and Water Management, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 20 and 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 21 at N.C. Arboretum.
• Stewardship, Recreation and Liability, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 21 at N.C. Arboretum and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 22 at Cradle of Forestry.