NOC festival to cap off summer outdoor seasonWritten by Admin
Nantahala Outdoor Center’s famous end-of-season Guest Appreciation Festival is this weekend starting at 9 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 24, and running through Sunday.
The annual event celebrates active outdoor lifestyles. The major highlight is a giant outdoor flea market for outdoor gear where people swap, buy and sell gear from each other. NOC also offers deals on new and used gear.
The weekend is also packed with free entertainment, stunt shows and kids’ activities, including:
• The Shred Ready Wakeboard Stunt Show.
• A stand up paddleboard surfing competition.
• A 30-foot rock-climbing wall.
• Kid-friendly attractions including a live reptile show and Appalachian storyteller Tim Hall.
• Cirque du Soleil cyclist Doug White.
• NOC’s “Big Boomin’ Fun Slalom Challenge.”
“To celebrate one of our best summers ever, we’re throwing one of our biggest parties ever,” said Charles Conner, marketing director at NOC. noc.com.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC