Last Sylva After Dark of 2010 is Dec. 3Written by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
The next Sylva After Dark will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 3, in downtown Sylva. This will be the last Sylva After Dark until May 2011.
Some of the events planned for Dec. 23 include:
• It’s by Nature will be hosting a one-man show during the month of December for Cullowhee watercolor painter Craig Forrest. The show will be titled, “Downtown Sylva in Detail-Urban Subjects, A New Direction.” An opening reception will be held at the gallery on Friday, Dec. 3.
• Heinzelmannchen Brewery will have a food and beer pairing from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Brewery. Partake samples of beer and fine cuisine.
• Annie’s Naturally Bakery (506 W. Main St.) will be showcasing holiday breads (German stollen and Italian panettone) and pairing them with egg nogg.
• Gallery One will have its Winter Members Show running through December.
• Signature Brew will feature the drawings of Mary Jane Ellsworth of Cullowhee for Sylva after Dark in December. Ellsworth, a member of “The Silent Generation” at William and Mary College, the American Aesthetic Society and the Blue Ridge Watermedia Society, has had juried exhibits at the Biltmore Estate, HART Theatre, the Armory and other venues.
• The Village at Sapphire Mountain Brewing Company will have live music during Sylva After Dark.
• “The Downtowner Building” offices are having a holiday open house the evening of Dec. 3 during Sylva After Dark. (upstairs in the building to the right of Sapphire Brewing Company). Included are The Tuckaseegee Reader (tuckreader.com), Aurora Professional Design Guild, Jim Smythe, painter, Jackson County Real Estate, The Wilderness Society, AWAKE, and Insure America. All are welcome to drop by for music, food, beverages, and holiday cheer.