Haywood crowns outstanding volunteersWritten by Admin
The Haywood County Volunteer Center awarded Judy Smith of the Fines Creek Community Association’s MANNA food bank program as the outstanding Volunteer of the Year. Also recognized were:
• Patricia Stevenson with the Good Samaritan Clinic and John Hawkins with Haywood Regional Medical Center Hospice and Palliative Care.
• In the youth category, Susan Nations won through her work at the Kids at Work! Program.
• In the faith-based category, Alice Fisher received the award with her work with the Community Kitchen.
• The group award was given to Haywood Middle Academy and Donna McCullough for their work with Meals on Wheels.
• The Director of Volunteers award was given to Jeanne Naber for coordinating over 200 volunteers for Meals on Wheels.