Need a hand recovering from storm damage?

If you are a private forest landowner and suffered severe damage from the tornado or high winds earlier this year, you might be eligible for federal help.

The Swain/Jackson Farm Service Agency office administers the Emergency Forest Restoration Program. If you qualify for assistance, up to 75 percent of the financial assistance could be covered. Emergency measures must restore forest health and forest-related resources and might include: removing debris, site preparation, seeding establishing and restoring conservation structures and other similar installations. Contact the FSA County Office by August 15. 828.488.2684.

Go to top