Waynesville Art After Dark wraps up seasonWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
The Waynesville Gallery Association will celebrate the holiday season during its final Art After Dark of 2011 from 6-9 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2.
Attendees can stroll through working studios and galleries on Main Street, Depot Street and in Historic Frog Level. Art After Dark flags denote participating galleries like Burr Studio and Gallery, Earthworks Frame Shop, Earthworks Gallery, Gallery Two Six Two, Grace Cathey Sculpture Garden and Gallery, Haywood County Arts Council’s Gallery 86, Jeweler’s Workbench, Textures, TPennington Art Gallery, and Twigs and Leaves Gallery. Christmas music will fill the streets while holiday shoppers visit the shops and galleries.
• Gallery Two Six Two will celebrate its grand re-opening. Stop by the new location at 142 N Main Street for drinks and hors d’oeuvres and meet several artists.
• Haywood County Arts Council’s Gallery 86 will host a reception during Art After Dark for its newest exhibit, “It’s A Small, Small Work 2011.” Now in its fourth year, the small works show features over 100 artists from western North Carolina in a variety of media including acrylic painting, clay, collage, egg tempura goldleaf, encaustic, fiber, glass, jewely, oil painting, pastel, photography, steel, watercolor, wood, and more.
• TPennington Art Gallery will unveil “St. Nicholas’ Chocolate Factory,” and feature art and chocolate — lots of chocolate — with recipes on Dec. 2 from 5-9 p.m. and all day Dec. 3 from 10 a.m.-.5 p.m.
• Twigs and Leaves Gallery is celebrating 2011 and the coming holiday season during this year’s final Art After Dark. Embrace the festive sights and holiday spirit, and enjoy special treats and piano music as you browse through hundreds of gift ideas ready for complimentary wrapping (and shipping is available). Twigs and Leaves Gallery offers extended holiday hours on two consecutive Sundays, Dec. 11 and Dec. 18, from 1-4 p.m.