Writing workshops scheduled for ‘Writing From The Heart’ seriesWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Catch the Spirit of Appalachia will hold a series of creative writing workshops on the second Saturday of each month from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
The series, “Writing From The Heart,” will be held with author and publisher Amy Ammons Garza. The workshops will cover material beneficial in writing short stories, novels, articles and enhancing skills in advice, personal experience, essays and sketches, inspiration, nostalgia and humor.
In November, Catch the Spirit has a “Holiday Reception” where the writers will be involved in reading their work in a performance for the public.
The workshops are held at 29 Regal Avenue in Sylva. Cost is $35 per session — each session stands alone — and are held from 10 a.m. until 3 pm. The writers should bring their own lunch.
• Jan. 14 — Introduction to “Writing From the Heart.”
• Feb. 11—Your precious heritage.
• March 10 — Powerful beginnings/endings.
• April 14 —Writing with a purpose/plot.
• May 12 —Weaving fiction into fact.
• June 9—The 4 keys of pacing.
• July 14 — Persuade with power.
• Aug. 11— Selecting and directing your writings.
• Sept. 8 — Overview of writing from the heart.
• Oct. 13 — Run through of the performance.
• November — CSA’s Celebration of the Arts at the Jackson County Library.
828.631.4587 or www.spiritofappalachia.org.