Maggie Valley Festival Grounds will host a combination of the Great Smoky Mountain Trout & Heritage Festival and PlottFest this year from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., April 21.
The PlottFest is a fundraiser for Head Start Mountain Projects.
The event will feature archery by Bowed Up Archery, a blacksmith demonstration, a Kids Zone sponsored by Fun Things, Etc., food vendors, a few local crafters, strawberries and ramps. Attendees can also watch chain saw carver Mitchell Phillips will create a piece of art to raffle. Music will include The Darren Nicholson Band, Mark and Aimee Bumgarner, Milan Miller and Balsam Range. The WCU Heritage Center is bringing the Plott display and Bob Plott will be on hand to sign books.
Other activities include:
• Youth fishing clinics from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Pre-registration is required.
• A free Kindermusik mini classes will be offered at 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
• A gunfight by the Ghost Town Gunfighters at 12:45 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.
• Balsam Range will kick off their show at 4 p.m.
• A trout race, where wooden replicas are tossed into a creek, and the first five fish to cross the finish line get a prize, will start at 5 p.m.