Demonstrations at Dogwood CraftersWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Craft demonstrations at Dogwood Crafters in Dillsboro this week include Anthony Cariveau, Linda Parrish, Jeri Buek and Joyce Lantz.
• 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 20 — Anthony Cariveau will demonstrate the medieval art of chain mail, used here in making jewelry instead of armor. Byzantine weave, box chain, Celtic knot are among the various types of weave used in making this wearable art.
• 1-3 p.m. Sept. 22 — Linda Parrish will demonstrate how to embellish notepads using a variety of paper art techniques.
• 1-2 p.m. Sept. 23 — Jeri Buek’s rescheduled date to demonstrate punch needlework. Her miniature punch needle embroidery captures the look of antique hooked rugs on a small scale, creating unique works of art. Buek will have materials available and will offer instruction and assistance and will be available for questions until 6 p.m.
• 2-4 p.m. Sept. 25 — Joyce Lantz will demonstrate the ancient art of pine needle basket weaving. Agile and deft hands are required to control the pine needles as the basket takes shape in this deceptively simple looking ancient craft.
Crafters will demonstrate their work and discuss their craft in the Gallery Room. These Dogwood Crafters have their works for sale at the shop. Dogwood Crafters is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., with evening hours until 9 p.m. in October.