HCC alums reunite at Jammin’ at the Mill PondWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Jammin’ at the Mill Pond, a free bluegrass event to showcase Haywood Community College and the Appalachian heritage of Western North Carolina, will take place from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 16, at HCC.
The event will be hosted by the Hominy Valley Boys and feature other local artists. Richard Hurley will emcee the event. There will be a molasses-making demonstration, barbecue or catfish meals available for purchase, jammin’ areas, vendor booths, and corn shelling. In addition, there will be a free gospel concert in the college auditorium starting at 7 p.m.
There will be a special HCC Alumni Reception Tent for alumni to gather with old friends. To facilitate the reunion process, the college has designated specific times for departments to meet under the tent. However, alumni are free to hang out and visit other departments if they want:
• Creative Arts from 10 until 11 a.m.
• Health and Human Services from 11 a.m. until noon.
• Natural resources will meet from 1 until 2 p.m.
• Business and Entrepreneurship programs will meet from 2 until 3 p.m.
• Applied Technologies will meet from 3 until 4 p.m.
• Arts and General Education will meet from 4 until 5 p.m.
Contact Brenda Fannon at 828.627.4522.