On the wallWritten by Admin
Art After Dark returns to Waynesville
Art After Dark continues from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, May 2, in downtown Waynesville.
Enjoy a stroll through working studios and galleries on Main Street and Depot Street. Festive Art After Dark flags denote participating galleries.
Gallery 86 will be featuring a show in conjunction with the Haywood County Master Gardeners Volunteer Association to celebrate gardens. The show will feature gardens, flowers, and crafts suitable for homes, decks or patios. The Garden Tour itself takes place on June 21.
Dogwood Crafters May workshops
Dogwood Crafters will host two workshops at the Dillsboro Masonic Lodge.
Exploring Watercolor will be taught by artist Susan Lingg from 1 to 4 p.m. Friday, May 2. Participants will learn the basic skills for painting with watercolor. Cost is $21.
Vicky Dorsey will lead a workshop on nature printing from 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday, May 13. Using readily available flowers and leaves, the crafts can be used on cards, prints, clothing and linens. Cost is $12.
• Come Paint with Charles Kidz Program will be held at 5 p.m. April 24 and 29 at the Charles Heath Gallery in Bryson City. Refreshments and materials provided. $18 per child. 828.538.2054.
• The films “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” and “Nebraska” will be screened at The Strand at 38 Main in Waynesville. “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” will play April 25-26, with “Nebraska” on May 2-3. Screenings are at 7:45 p.m. on Fridays and 2 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. on Saturdays. Tickets are $6 per person, $4 for children. 828.283.0079 or www.38main.com.
• The Jackson County Arts Council will hold their annual membership meeting at 6:30 p.m., Monday, April 28, at the Jackson County Library Complex in Sylva. There will be a performance of “An Evening of Broadway,” and a short meeting followed by a light reception hosted by the Jackson County Arts Council board. Members and potential members of the Jackson County Arts Council are invited. The Jackson County Arts Council is the Designated County Partner (DCP) for the North Carolina Arts Council.
• A Spring Craft Sale will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, April 25, at Haywood Community College in Sylva. All pieces for sale were made by students in the Professional Crafts programs. 828.565.4159.
• The premiere of the new Red Hatchet skate video “We Live” will be held at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at Tipping Point Brewing Company in Waynesville. The video is locally produced. Sponsored by Recess, Cataloochee Ski Area, Eastern Skateboard Supply, KREW and Red Hatchet. Free.