What’s on tap for December’s Sylva Art StrollWritten by Admin
The final downtown Sylva Art Stroll of the year will feature luminaries to light the way at 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14.
Art will be the highlight of this candlelit evening where people are encouraged to shop, dine and explore historic downtown. Amid numerous participating businesses, there will be plenty of events going on around the community.
• The Jackson County Library Complex Rotunda will feature an art exhibit with works by Norma Hendrix, put on by the Jackson County Arts Council.
• The Jackson County Library Complex Atrium will be the location of an art exhibit featuring the works of four advanced art students from Smoky Mountain High School.
• Nichols House Antiques and Collectibles will present a student art show featuring Scotts Creek Elementary School students.
• Gallery 1 will hold a “Tiny Works” show featuring small works of art for sale.
• It’s By Nature is will be offering arts and crafts from the region’s finest artisans.
• City Lights Cafe will exhibit “Southern Scenic Photography” by Karen and Chris Mobley and music by Divergent. Signature Brew Coffee Company will feature additional photographs by Karen and Chris Mobley.
• Survival Pride Clothing Store and Art Gallery will display and sell artwork by Smoky Mountain High School students.
• Heinzelmannchen Brewery will have holiday gift baskets.
• Skinny Gallery will host a grand finale exhibit.
The event is sponsored by the Jackson County Visual Arts Association and the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce.
828.337.3468 or www.mountainlovers.com.