Twenty regional authors at Blue Ridge Book FestWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Blue Ridge Book Fest: A Regional Author Festival will take place from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 2, at Blue Ridge Books in Waynesville.
Twenty authors from the region will be in the store to meet readers and discuss their books, including Fred Wooldridge, Mary Messer, Bill Swarts, Micheal Rivers, Matt Baker, John Malone, Kathryn Magendie, Louise Nelson, Curtis Blanton, JC Walkup, Michael Beadle, Peter Yurko, Julia Hughes Jones, Gwen Suesse, Mindi Friedwald, Dawn Cusick, Lawrence Thackston, Bob Plott, George Ivey and Bill King. Their books include fiction, history, humor, poetry, memoir and children’s books.
The book fest is planned as a biannual event.