Help needed to clear trails in PanthertownWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Recent storms have left debris on and other damage to trails in Panthertown Valley, a national forest recreation area located in southern Jackson County near Cashiers.
Friends of Panthertown will hold a workday to clean up those trails from 9:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. Saturday, June 25. Meet at Salt Rock trail-head (located at the end of Breedlove Road). Tools will be provided.
www.panthertown.org or 828.269.4453.