Benefit bash to help Haywood animalsWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Furry Friends Benefit Bash will be held at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 13, at the Gateway Club in Waynesville to benefit Sarge’s Animal Rescue Foundation. This year’s event will be a sit-down dinner with four entrees to choose from: prime rib, butter-poached salmon, herb-crusted chicken breast or a vegetarian main dish.
Jeannie Tracy, owner of the Jewelers Workbench, will again be hand crafting a designer piece of jewelry to be auctioned off during the evening. The rounded shape pendant entitled “Blue Moon Rising” will feature a 3.7 carat blue diamond. The piece will be on display at the Jewelers Workbench about one week prior to the dinner.
Tickets are $50 and can be purchased at Sarge’s Adoption Headquarters in Waynesville, at the Earthworks Frame Gallery and online at www.sargeandfriends.org. Table sponsorships are also available for $550 which will reserve a table in your name that seats 10 guests.