On the streetWritten by Admin
Food safety certification class
North Carolina food service managers seeking “Certified Food Safety Manager” certification in order to meet the N.C. Food Code requirement component of the food establishment’s inspection can register for the upcoming N.C. Safe Plates class.
The two-day class will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 22-23 at the N.C. Cooperative Extension office on Raccoon Road in Waynesville. The exam will be administered from 3 to 5 p.m. on Feb. 23. There will also be a 30-minute lunch each day.
The fee for the course is $125 and the registration deadline is Friday, Feb. 12.
• A special Valentine’s Day dinner will be held on Sunday, Feb. 14, at Creekside Oyster House & Grill in Sylva. The three-course menu will include an array of dishes, including shrimp cocktail, oyster Rockefeller, barbecue, New York strip steak, caramel brownie truffle, and more. Tickets are $35 per person. 828.586.1985.
• The Chocolate Covered Cherry Stout Bottle Release Party will be Feb. 12-14 at Nantahala Brewing in Bryson City. www.nantahalabrewing.com.
• A “Valentine’s Burlesque Show” will be held from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 13, at Mad Batter Food & Film in Sylva. Special menu. Complimentary glass of champagne. 828.586.3555 or www.madbatterfoodandfilm.com.
• A “Valentine’s Weekend Dinner” will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Feb. 12 and 14 at the Balsam Mountain Inn. 828.456.9498 or www.balsammountaininn.com.
• A “Wine Dine Valentine” will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 10, at the Grandview Lodge in Waynesville. The dining experience will include an appetizer, main plate, dessert and wine pairings. $50 per person, which includes tax and gratuities. For reservations, call 828.246.2409. www.grandviewlodgenc.com.
• A “Wine Tasting & Food Pairing” with importer Marco Laico, president/founder of Vino Vino, will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 11, at The Classic Wineseller in Waynesville. Italian wines paired with Italian dishes. $24.99 per person. For reservations, call 828.452.6000.
• The annual “Sweetheart Breakfast” will be from 7:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 13, at the Bryson City Presbyterian Church. Proceeds to benefit the Carrie Abbott Scholarship.
• The Andrews Brewing Company will have a third anniversary party at 3 p.m. Feb. 13 and a “Cheese Ball Competition” at 3 p.m. Feb. 20. www.andrewsbrewing.com.
• A “Valentine Day Dance Party” for couples and singles alike will be held from 9 to 11 p.m. Feb. 14 at The Cut Cocktail Lounge in Sylva. 503.329.5816.
• A “Valentine Dinner” will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. Feb. 14 at The Sneak-E-Squirrel Brewing in Sylva. 828.586.6440.
• A free wine tasting will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. Feb. 13 and 20 at Bosu’s Wine Shop in Waynesville. www.waynesvillewine.com or 828.452.0120.
• A wine tasting will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Feb. 10 and 17 at The Classic Wineseller in Waynesville. Free with dinner ($15 minimum). 828.452.6000.
• There will be a “Tasty Tuesday: Winter Seasonals” at 7 p.m. Feb. 16 and 23 at Mad Anthony’s Bottle Shop & Beer Garden.
• Ruth’s Chris Steak House will host a dinner consisting of a custom-created five-course menu paired with wines and spirits at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25, at Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort. $95 per person. Reservations are required. www.harrahscherokee.com or www.ruthchris.com.