Kick off fall with Art After DarkWritten by Admin
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Enjoy a stroll through working studios and galleries on Waynesville’s Main Street, Depot Street and in Historic Frog Level during Art After Dark from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 1.
Art After Dark takes place the first Friday of each month from May through December. Festive flags will identify participating galleries.
• Visit Historic Frog Level to see ceramic artist Cathey Bolton-Moore create handmade dinnerware, including large show pieces for the home and ceramic jewelry, at Art on Depot.
• Metal sculptor Grace Cathey will weld a Ruffled Grouse from Oct. 1 to 9 at Grace Cathey Sculpture Garden.
• Gallery 86 presents the Haywood Open Studios Tour artist exhibit just in time for the weekend tour Oct. 2 to 3. The gallery show runs from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 1. It features representative works by more than thirty artists on the Studio Tour. www.haywoodarts.org or 828.452.0593.
• Textures Gallery will feature the paintings of Noah Desmond with music by Karen “Sugar” Barnes and Dave Magill,who’ll be singing the blues. Enjoy specialty desserts.
www.waynesvillegalleryassociation.com or 828.452.9284.