Halloween roundupWritten by Admin
• Downtown Trick or Treat in Bryson City. Oct. 29. All of downtown is tricked out in Halloween finery to welcome the crowds for the evening as they scurry from business to business trick or treating. 800.867.9246, 488.3681.
• Trick or Treat on “Treat Street” in downtown Sylva, Oct. 30. The Downtown Sylva Association and downtown merchants will celebrate Halloween from 2 to 5 p.m. with trick or treating and other fun activities in downtown Sylva. www.downtownsylva.org.
• Treats on the Street in downtown Waynesville. Oct. 30. Merchants will open their doors for trick-or-treaters from 5 to 7 p.m. for a safe and fun adventure for costumed children and their parents.
• Halloween festivities in Downtown Highlands, Oct. 30. 6 to 8 p.m.
• Dillsboro Halloween Costume Parade, Oct. 30. A family-oriented costume parade and contest, trick or treating around downtown Dillsboro, haunted house and more. The parade starts at 6 p.m. at town hall on Front Street. 800.962.1911.
• Smoky Mountain Sk8way’s HallowScream party from 7 to 11 p.m. on Oct. 30. All ages dancing with DJ/MC, costume contest, jack-o-lantern contest, door prizes/ $10. 19025 Great Smoky Mountain Expressway. 828.550.0122.
• American Legion Auxiliary, Unit 47, in Waynesville, will have a Halloween Party Oct. 30 with games, refreshment and costume judging. 2 to 4 p.m. at 47 Legion Dr., Waynesville, for children ages 1-10. For more information call 456-8691.
• The Sylva First United Methodist Church will hold their annual Trunk or Treat on Oct. 31 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Includes supper, inflatable, costume contest and much more. A free event for the whole family.