Audition for Haywood’s Got TalentWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
The Haywood Arts Regional Theater is once again presenting a chance for area talent to show take home the gold with the second annual Haywood’s Got Talent event in September. Auditions will be held from 1-5 p.m. Aug. 25.
HART is offering a $1,000 top prize for the winner and cash prizes for the two runners up. Contestants are not limited to Haywood County and there are no age limits or category restrictions, but all contestants must first make it past a screening audition.
Those who get past the initial audition will be part of a semifinal round of performances during the Labor Day weekend, which will be presented as full variety shows on the HART main stage. Each night will feature different performers.
The finals will be held on Sept. 22. At the end of the evening at both the semi-final and final rounds, the audience will be allowed to cast a vote, which will count 25 percent towards the final outcome. The event is a fundraiser for HART.