• Gallery 1 invites the public to a reception for an art exhibit featuring photography, paintings and other visual art.
• It’s By Nature is celebrating American Craft Week Oct. 5-14 by hosting local watercolor artist Jim Michielsen of Balsam, who will share a variety of the painting techniques he uses to capture fall leaves, mountain vistas and wildlife.
• The Skinny is featuring the avant garde stylings of Brian Kane and his wife Julie Jacobson.
• City Lights Cafe on will feature an exhibit of works by pet photographer Pat Thomas and will present live music.
• Survival Pride Clothing Store and Art Gallery will feature original works.
• Signature Brew Coffee Company features a new art exhibit each month.
• The River Jordan Christian Store welcomes the public to browse their selection of books, gifts, music and apparel.
Among the Art Stroll participants on Main Street are Encore Shoppe, Black Rock Outdoor Company, In Your Ear Music and Papou’s Wine Shop. In addition to Main Street shops, participants include Nichols House Antiques and Collectibles on Landis Street and City Lights Bookstore on Jackson Street. Eateries open downtown during the stroll include Lulu’s on Main Restaurant, Mill & Main Restaurant, Pixie’s Emporium & Bistro, City Lights Café and Guadalupe Cafe. Visitors can look for balloons designating participating merchants and see a map at any of the locations.
828.337.3468 or www.mountainlovers.com.