Political eventsWritten by Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC
Governor-elect to headline holiday dinner
North Carolina Governor-elect Pat McCrory (R) will be the keynote speaker at the 20th annual Charles Taylor Holiday Dinner at 7 p.m. Dec. 8, at Grove Park Inn in Asheville. The event will be McCroy’s first public appearance in Western North Carolina since sweeping the North Carolina Governor’s race earlier this month. Tickets for the dinner are $50 per person. Reservations must be made in advance.
Meadows to join breakfast event in Jackson
Congressman-elect Mark Meadows (R-Cashiers) will join Jackson County Republicans at the group’s annual prayer breakfast at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, at The Jarrett House Inn & Restaurant in Dillsboro.
Meadows recently won election to the U.S. House in North Carolina’s 11th District. He will replace outgoing Congressman Heath Shuler (D-Waynesville), who retired.
Reservations for the breakfast needed.