Once again gracing Western North Carolina with an array of culinary delights from chefs around Haywood County, Melange of the Mountains will be taking place from April 11-13.
The weekend of events around Waynesville will kickoff with a culinary gala from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 11, at Laurel Ridge Country Club. Tickets are $40 per person, with a VIP option at $60 per person. Tickets are available at the event, but can now be purchased at the Haywood Chamber of Commerce in Waynesville.
• “Farm to Fork Dinner” will take place on Friday, April 12, at Frogs Leap Public House. The prefixed menu is $50 per person. 828.456.1930.
• “Hands-on Biscuit Making Demonstration” will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 13, at City Bakery. Pastry Chef Brooke will be in the kitchen for the demonstration. Cost is $10 per person. 828.452.3881.
• “Champagne & Caviar Tasting” will run from 3 to 5 p.m. April 13, at Sunburst Market on Montgomery. There will be caviar appetizers prepared in three ways, paired with champagne. 828.452.3848.
• “Beer & Cheese Tasting Event” will run from 3 to 5 p.m. April 13, at The Classic Wine Seller. Gourmet cheeses paired with craft beer from Bearwaters Brewing Company. 828.246.0602.
• “Farm to Fork Dinner” will take place on April 13, at Frogs Leap Public House. The prefixed menu is $50 per person. 828.456.1930.
• “Course Wine Dinner” will take place on April 13, Herren House Bed & Breakfast. Evening five-course wine dinner with selections from The Classic Wine Seller. 828.452.7837.
As well, there will be a full feature on Melange of the Mountains in next week’s issue of The Smoky Mountain News.