On the beatWritten by Admin
‘Concerts on the Creek’ gets funky
The seventh annual “Concerts on the Creek” series will host PMA (reggae/rock) at 7 p.m. Friday, July 22, at the Bridge Park Pavilion in Sylva.
Other shows are as follows: Darren Nicholson Band (Americana/bluegrass) July 29, Buchanan Boys (rock) Aug. 5, Ol’ Dirty Bathtub (Americana) Aug. 12, Porch 40 (rock/funk) Aug. 19, surprise band on Aug. 26, and Erica Nicole (country) Sept. 2.
Concerts are free, with donations accepted. Chairs and blankets are allowed.
www.mountainlovers.com or 828.586.2155.
Americana music at Cradle of Forestry
Laura Boosinger & The Midnight Plowboys will play the Songcatchers Music Series at 4 p.m. Sunday, July 24, at the Cradle of Forestry in America.
Admission for all shows is $6 for ages 16 and older, $3 for youth 15 and under and America the Beautiful and Golden Age pass holders.
828.877.3130 or www.cradleofforestry.org.
‘An Appalachian Evening’ welcomes Snyder Family
Celebrating its 17th season, “An Appalachian Evening,” a weekly bluegrass/Americana summer concert series, will return with The Snyder Family at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 23, at the Stecoah Valley Cultural Arts Center in Robbinsville.
The 2016 series will also include: Balsam Range (July 30), Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper (Aug. 6), The Walking Roots Band (Aug. 13), The Jeff Little Trio (Aug. 20) and Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen (Aug. 27).
For tickets, visit www.stecoahvalleycenter.com or call 828.479.3364.
• Andrews Brewing Company will host Heidi Holton (blues/folk) 6 p.m. July 22, Bull Moose Party (Americana) 7 p.m. July 23, Troy Underwood (Americana) 6 p.m. July 29 and Porch 40 (funk/rock) 7 p.m. July 30. All shows are free. www.andrewsbrewing.com.
• Apple Creek Café (Waynesville) will host an evening of piano music on Fridays and jazz on Saturdays. Both events are free and run from 6 to 9 p.m. 828.456.9888 or www.applecreekcafe.com.
• BearWaters Brewing Company (Waynesville) will have live music and Doc Brown BBQ at 6 p.m. July 21 and 28. 828.246.0602 or www.bwbrewing.com.
• The Bryson City Train Depot concert series will host Ian Moore’s Mountain Music (Americana/folk) July 23 and Liz & AJ Nance (Americana/folk) July 30. All shows are free and begin at 6:30 p.m. www.greatsmokies.com.
• The Classic Wineseller (Waynesville) will host ‘Round the Fire (rock/folk) July 22, Joe Cruz (piano/pop) July 23, Dulci Ellenberger & Kevin Williams (Americana/pop) July 29 and Jazz Night with Richard Shulman & Jesse Earl Junior July 30 All shows are free and begin at 7 p.m. 828.452.6000 or www.classicwineseller.com.
• Derailed Bar & Lounge (Bryson City) will have music at 7 p.m. on Saturdays. 828.488.8898.
• The “Friday Night Live” concert series at the Town Square in Highlands will host Ray Adams & Sycamore Flats (Americana) July 22 and The Johnny Webb Band (country) July 29. Both shows are free and begin at 6 p.m. www.highlandschamber.org.
• Frog Level Brewing (Waynesville) will host Phantom Clutch 8 p.m. July 22, Chant the Trees 7 p.m. July 23 and Reverend Finster 3 p.m. July 30. All shows are free. 828.454.5664 or www.froglevelbrewing.com.
• Innovation Brewing (Sylva) will have an Open Mic night July 20 and 27, and a jazz night with the Kittle/Collings Duo July 21 and 28. All events begin at 8 p.m. www.innovation-brewing.com.
• Marianna Black Library (Bryson City) will host a community music jam from 6 to 7:30 p.m. July 28. Anyone with a guitar, banjo, mandolin, fiddle, dulcimer, anything unplugged, are invited to join. Singers are also welcomed to join in or you can just stop by and listen. Free. 828.488.3030.
• The Nantahala Outdoor Center (Bryson City) will host The Whiskey Sticks (Americana) July 22, The Pioneer Chicken Stand Band (folk/rock) July 23, Corn Bread Ted & The Butterbeans (ragtime/blues) July 29 and Rollin’ in the Hay (bluegrass/Americana) July 30. All shows are free and begin at 6 p.m. www.noc.com.
• Nantahala Brewing Company (Bryson City) will host The Colby Deitz Band (Americana/bluegrass) July 29. All shows are free and begin at 8 p.m. www.nantahalabrewing.com.
• No Name Sports Pub (Sylva) will host The Freeway Revival (rock/jam) July 22, Crystal Bright & The Silver Hands (rock/cabaret) July 23, Red Honey (surf/punk) July 29 and Hearts Gone South (honky-tonk) July 30. All shows are free and begin at 9:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. www.nonamesportspub.com.
• The “Pickin’ On The Square” concert series will continue with The Darren Nicholson Band (Americana/bluegrass) July 23 and Paradise 56 (blues/reggae) July 30. All shows are free and begin at 7:30 p.m. A community jam begins at 6:30 p.m. www.franklinnc.com or 828.524.2516.
• Pub 319 (Waynesville) will host an Open Mic with Sandra Hess at 9 p.m. on Wednesdays. 828.456.3040.
• The Rathskeller Coffee Haus & Pub (Franklin) will host Dave Spangler (singer-songwriter) July 22, Gary Carter (singer-songwriter) July 23, Wyatt Espalin (singer-songwriter) July 29 and Twelft Fret (Americana) July 30. All shows are free and begin at 8 p.m. www.rathskellerfranklin.com.
• Salty Dog’s (Maggie Valley) will have Karaoke with Jason Wyatt on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with Mile High (rock) at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesdays. Andrew Rickman (rock/acoustic) will also perform on Saturdays. All events begin at 8 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
• Sapphire Mountain Brewing Company (Sapphire) will host a jazz brunch with Tyler Kittle & Friends from 11:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Sundays. 828.743.0220.
• Satulah Mountain Brewing (Highlands) will host “Hoppy Hour” and an open mic with Jimandi at 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays, “Funky Friday” with Bud Davis at 7 p.m. on Fridays and Isaish Breedlove (Americana) at 7 p.m. on Saturdays. 828.482.9794 or www.satulahmountainbrewing.com.
• The “Saturday’s on the Pine” concert series at Kelsey Hutchinson Park in Highlands will Andrew Scotchie & The River Rats (rock/blues) July 23. Shows are free and begin at 6 p.m. www.highlandschamber.org.
• Sneak E Squirrel Brewing (Sylva) will host The Dirty Soul Revival (blues/rock) 8 p.m. July 23 and The Caribbean Cowboys (rock/pop) 8 p.m. July 30. There will also be a “Funk to What?” open jam at 8 p.m. every Thursday. 828.586.6440.
• The Stompin’ Ground (Maggie Valley) is now open for live mountain music and clogging at 8 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. 828.926.1288.
• Tipping Point Brewing (Waynesville) will host Dave Drivven (Americana) 8 p.m. July 22 and The Breedlove Brothers (Americana) 9 p.m. July 29. Both shows are free. 828.246.9230.
• The Ugly Dog Pub (Cashiers) will host a “Bluegrass Mix-Up” night at 7 p.m. on Thursdays. 828.743.3000.
• The Ugly Dog Pub (Highlands) will host a weekly Appalachian music night from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Wednesdays with Nitrograss. 828.526.8364 or www.theuglydogpub.com.
• The Water’n Hole Bar & Grill (Waynesville) will host Crystal Bright & The Silver Hands (Americana/cabaret) July 22, Scott James Stambaugh (singer-songwriter) July 23 and Porch 40 (funk/rock) July 29. All shows begin at 9 p.m.