‘Twilight’ saga actor to speak in CherokeeWritten by Admin
Chaske Spencer, who plays Sam Uley, the leader of the Wolfpack in the “Twilight” saga, will speak at from 6-8 p.m. Oct. 25 at the Chief Joyce Dugan Cultural Arts Center.
Spencer is a member of the Lakota Sioux tribe and was raised on reservations in Montana and Idaho. He’ll be speaking about his project “Be The Shift,” in which he urges Native Americans to create sustainable, prosperous communities and promote dignity, justice, unity and accountability.
Tickets are $11 and can be purchased at the door or online. The cultural arts center is located at 86 Elk Crossing Lane off Big Cove Road in Cherokee.
Latest from Admin
- Area agency, citizens honored by Haywood Waterways
- Ramos selected as acting superintendent of the Smokies
- Environmental groups push forest service to scale back logging below Devil’s Courthouse
- ‘EPIC’: First-ever rail jam at Cataloochee attracts 50 competitors
- Cataloochee documentary to be screened at HCC