Restrictions will be in place during this phase.
- The number of cars onsite will be limited in compliance with Gov. Roy Cooper’s order that capacity remains at 50 percent to ensure that proper social distancing measures can be followed. Parking will be available only at the Recreation Parking Lot near the gatehouse and the parking lot near the Production Greenhouse, with campus police directing any overflow parking along Greenhouse Way. The main parking area is under heavy construction and will be inaccessible during this first phase of trail access.
- Guests are encouraged to use the trail system only. Garden access may be restricted in certain places and accessible only by trails. One-way routes will be employed in designated areas.
- Groups of 10 or more are discouraged, and guests are asked to stay 6 feet away from others. Face coverings are encouraged while on the property.
- Both buildings and the Bonsai Exhibition Garden will remain closed. Several portable restrooms will be available for use on the campus. The arboretum will continue to operate under its fall and winter property hours schedule, closing at 7 p.m. with the incoming gate closing an hour beforehand at 6 p.m.
- Parking fee payments may be made with credit cards only, not cash.
- All on-site programming remains suspended, but online classes are available for registration on the website at www.ncarboretum.org.