DIY Calming Candle
For 5,000 years, individuals have been using botanicals as healing agents for the mind and body. Modern women fully understand why our ancestors started using them in the first place. Not only do they smell amazing, but they work! The human body instinctively responds to items that come from nature. All essential oils are made from flowers, plants, herbs or saps. Various oils help with specific ailments. The following 7 oils help decrase stress adn boost mood.
4. Ylang Ylang
7. Roman Chamomile
Last year, we offered a recipe for a fall-scented candle. Today's recipe is very similar, except you switch out the oils from autumn aromas to any of the oils in the list above. One of my favorite combinations is lavender, peppermint, bergamot and frankincense.
- Small Mason jars or another type of glass/porcelain dish
- Flaked soy wax (can purchase on Amazon)
- Glass bowl or lg. Pyrex measuring cup
- Essential oils (you can use any of the ones listed above)
- Smokeless candle wicks (can purchase on Amazon)
Instructions (these steps make one candle)
- Wrap the candle wick around a pencil and gently place into the Mason jar, set aside
- Scoop 2.5 cups of wax flakes into glass bowl/Pyrex cup, heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between
- For one of my favorite claming scents, add 10 drops lavender, 5 drops pepperment, 5 drops bergamot, and 3 drops of frankincense
- Pour the melted wax into the Mason jar or dish
- Let it sit until candle is completely hardened, remove the rod or pencil, and cut the wick
Grab a cozy blanket, a cup of herbal tea, light your candle and enjoy!