- Breakfast - Add some chopped fresh or frozen vegetables to your scrambled eggs or omelets. Toss some fresh or frozen berries into your hot or cold breakfast cereal or yogurt. (Time Saving Tip: Get your fruit and vegetables pre-cut and washed in the Ingles Produce section or from the Ingles Salad Bar.)
- Lunch - Load up that sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes and onion. Enjoy a pre-made salad or make your own at the Ingles Salad Bar with protein like grilled chicken, tuna, salmon or hard boiled eggs. Have a vegetable based soup or chili with beans.
- Snacks - Snack on snow peas, baby carrots, celery or grape or cherry tomatoes or whole or cut fruit.
- Dinner - Make sure you balance out your dinner bowl or plate with whole grains and vegetables.
- Dessert - Have fresh, frozen or canned fruit if you need bit of sweetness after dinner.
Leah McGrath, RDN, LDN
Ingles Markets Corporate Dietitian