• Camp Henry at Lake Logan. A co-ed, overnight, faith-based camp for second to 12th grade students. Weeklong sessions offered in June and July for different age groups. Cost $395-$705. Financial aid available. www.lakelogan.org or 828.646.0095.
• Youth Environmental Stewardship Camp offered by Haywood County Soil and Water Conservation District. Two week camp for rising 8th and 9th graders who are passionate about the environment. Two week long sessions — July 20-23 and July 27-30. The cost is $50. Applications are due on May 1. Visit www.haywoodcountync.gov/682/YES-Camp.
• Haywood County Library Summer Reading Programs. Offered at Waynesville and Canton branches. Visit www.haywoodlibrary.org or call 828.452.5169.
• Skyland Camp for Girls. Skyland will not be offering summer camps in 2020 because of construction projects.
• Camp Daniel Boone - Boy Scouts of America. Weeklong sessions offered June and July. Open to female and male campers ages Cost is $375-$550. www.campdanielboone.org or 828.254.6189.
• Summer Enrichment Program at Pigeon Community Multicultural Development Center. Cost is $500. Scholarships available. Visit www.pcmdc.org or 828.452.7232.
• Youth for Christ Buddy Camp. June 21-27 at First United Methodist Church in Waynesville. Cost ranges $150 to $700. www.outdoormissioncommunity.org or 336.583.9932.
• Camp Folkmoot. A one-day dance and crafts camp Friday, July 24, for kids and teens from 4th through 12th grades. The cost is $30. www.folkmoot.org/events/camp-folkmoot-2020/ or 828.452.2997.
• Smoky Mountain Sk8Way. A nine week day camp program that runs 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Weekly sessions are June 8 to Aug. 7 for kids ages 6 to 14. This camp features a variety of activities and strives to keep the whole child active. Cost is $100-$150 a week plus a $60 enrollment fee. Register at smokymountainsk8way.com.
• Waynesville Art School. Weeklong sessions offered June through August. For Ages 5 and older. Cost is $185-$235. www.waynesvilleartschool.com or 828.246.9869.
• Created for a Purpose at Vine of the Mountains Church. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 15-19. A creativity camp for rising third through eighth graders. Cost is $150. Scholarships available. www.vineofthemountains.com/cfap.
• Land of Sky Wilderness. Blacksmithing camp. Ages 8 and up. July 4-5. $300 per person. Drone Camp Aug. 2-7. Ages 8-21. Cost is $750. www.lotswild.com/courses or 828.280.0847.
• Piked Antler Project’s Survival Survival Skill Center. Survival Summer Camp. For ages 10-17. June 1-5. June 15-19. Cost is $315. www.survivalskillcenter.com or 828.989.0209.
• Camp Ability. Campers are any child aged 5 to 22 who has a disability or a sibling of a child who has a disability. Two weeklong sessions offered June 29-July 2 or July 6-10. Register at www.campabilitywnc.org/camper.
• Lake Junaluska Youth Events. Weeklong sessions in June and July. Local youth groups offered a special rate of $100 per person for any week. More information about speakers, bands and entertainers is available online at www.lakejunaluska.com/summeryouth. To register, call 800.222.4930.
• Carolinas Mountain Soccer Club. Weeklong sessions for soccer players of all ages and skill levels, usually in the evenings. Dates are being determined. Be sure to follow CMSC on Facebook and check their website for further information.
• Long’s Chapel United Methodist Church. Long’s Chapel is offering a variety of summer camps including sewing, guitar, robotics and amigurumi. These camps run through the months of June and July. Detailed information can be found on the Long’s Chapel Facebook page.
• Cashiers-Highlands Humane Society Critter Camp. For 2020, this camp has expanded to cover seven weeks. Each week of camp features fun, immersive and interactive experiences with animals at the no-kill shelter. More information and registration can be found at https://chhumanesociety.org.
• SOAR. Outdoor adventure camps for kids with ADHD / ADD and LD. Weeklong sessions offered in June and July. Cost is $2,000 to $5,600 depending on the camp. Visit www.soarnc.org or call 828.456.3435.
• Fun 4 Kids Day Camp - This is an eight to nine week program during the summer months held at both the Jackson County Recreation Center in Cullowhee, and the Cashiers/Glenville Recreation Center. For K-6. Early June to early August. Cost is $700 at the Cashiers/Glenville Recreation Center and $625 at the Recreation Center in Cullowhee. https://www.rec.jacksonnc.org/camps.
• Western Carolina University offers a variety of summer camps for arts, swimming, music, science and more. For more information, visit https://www.wcu.edu/engage/professional-enrichment/camps-and-programs-for-kids/index.aspx
• Cullowhee United Methodist Summer Day Camp. Preschool camp is for children ages 2-5 (not yet attended kindergarten) and Elementary camp is for children who have completed kindergarten-5th grade. Space in both programs is limited. June 8 through July 31. Cost is $75 per child or $100 per family if registering more than one child or $15 per week. $800 for entire summer or $120 per week. www.cullowheeumc.org/summer-camp-2020/
• SCC STEM - www.southwesterncc.edu/STEM
• New Vision Training Center. Summer day camp opportunities for gymnastics, ninja training, bouldering, outside play, arts and crafts, games, and much more. Full days and half days. Snacks will be provided. Bring your own lunch. Ages 3-12. www.newvisiontrainingcenter.com or 828.524.1904.
• Macon County Schools Summer Edventure Camp. 8-week day camp. Call Lenora Clifton at 828.524.4414, Ext. 324 or www.macon.k12.nc.us/sec.
• Bascom Art Center in Highlands. Summer art camp for ages 7-14. Sessions begin June 19 through Aug. 14. $175 a week. www.thebascom.org or 828.526.4949.
• Danny Antoine’s Martial Arts & Fitness Academy in Franklin. Monday through Friday starting May 28 through Aug. 23. $135 per week. Each child must be sent with a packed lunch, two snacks, and a bottle of water. To register, call 828.332.0418.
• Nantahala Learning Center Summer Program. $25 per day Monday through Friday. Registration fee is $50. All field trip admission, transportation expenses, and materials is budgeted into the registration fee. Call 219.689.3443 for more info.
• Summer Edventure Camp - www.macon.k12.nc.us/sec/ Hours of Operation and Location of Camp. June 8th, 2020 – July 31st, 2020. 7:30 am – 5:30 pm. South Macon Elementary, 855 Addington Bridge Road, Franklin, NC 28734. Ages. 5-12 years. Tuition, Fees and Payment Plan. Program Activities and Offerings. Arrival and Departure of Children. For information, call Lenora Clifton at 1-828-524-4414 Ext. 324.
• YMCA Camp Watia. Weeklong sessions from June 16 through Aug. 4 for ages 7 to 15. Limited space still available. $450-$750. Financial assistance available. www.ymcacampwatia.org.
• Nantahala Outdoor Center. Whitewater kayaking camp. Five-day sessions in June and July. For ages 9 to 17. $850 to $1,500. 828.785.4977 or www.noc.com/lessons-training/paddling-school/kids-kayaking-camp.
• Camp Living Water Christian camp. June 30 through July 12. For ages 13-17. $490 per camper. www.camplivingwater.com or 828.488.6012.
• Asheville Buncombe Youth Soccer Association. Weeklong sessions from June to August. For ages 4-14. $135 a week for half days and up to $285 a week for full days. www.abysa.org or call 828.299.7277.
• University of North Carolina-Asheville. Weeklong sessions for music, athletics, writing, STEAM, pre-college programs, dance, running and more. For youth of all ages. Cost ranges from $400 to $1,200 a week depending on the program. www.camps.unca.edu or call 828.251.6991.
• Discovery Camp at North Carolina Arboretum. Weeklong sessions from June to August. For Pre-K through 8th grade. Cost is $235 for a week. Visit www.ncarboretum.org or call 828.665.2492 ext. 624.
• Forest Floor Wilderness Camp. Weeklong sessions June through August. For ages K-10. Cost is $295. Full details at www.OnTheForestFloor.org.
• Crossfire Basketball Camps: Basketball camps for children ages 6-19. Camp dates run from mid-June to late July. These camps are great for basketball players of all skill levels. The full brochure can be found at https://crossfireministry.com.