Whatever type you like, there are lots of things you can do with avocados—and not just guacamole!
• Mash up an avocado, add salt and pepper and spread on toast. Top with a poached egg, some black sesame seeds and a dash of hot pepper sauce for a satisfying breakfast.
• Slice avocado and use in wraps and sandwiches or use mashed avocado in place of mayonnaise as a condiment for sandwiches.
• Peel and cut avocado into cubes or slices and add to a salad or to scrambled eggs.
• Add avocado to a smoothie for a more creamy texture.
• Top a soup with cubes of avocado.
Leah McGrath, RDN, LDN
Ingles Markets Corporate Dietitian